BUENOS AIRES CITY TOUR
Eva Peron’s tomb at Recoleta Cemetery
La Boca & Caminito
Plaza de Mayo
Ice cream experience 🙂
firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsapp +54911-4415-4929
The tour takes about 4 hours
Private and comfortable car or van
Pick you up in your hotel
TOUR BUENOS AIRES CITY - HIGHLIGHTS
Evita Tomb and Recoleta Cemetery
The monks of the Order of the Recoletos arrived in this area, then the outskirts of Buenos Aires, in the early eighteenth century. The cemetery is built around their convent and a church, Our Lady of Pilar (Iglesia de Nuestra Señora del Pilar), built in 1732. The order was disbanded in 1822, and the garden of the convent was converted into the first public cemetery in Buenos Aires. Inaugurated on 17 November of the same year under the name of Cementerio del Norte (Northern Cemetery). The Buenos Aires City Tours includes a visit to Eva Peron’s tomb in the Recoleta Cemetery.
La Boca and Caminito
In our Buenos Aires City Tour, we will visit this amazing place of Buenos Aires. During the 1800s, a small stream flowing into the Riachuelo River ran along the same route where the Caminito is now. In 1954, the railroad closed, and the area where Caminito was became a landfill and the neighborhood’s eyesore. Over the following three years, Argentine artist Benito Quinquela Martín who lived nearby, painstakingly prepared the walls facing the abandoned street, applying pastel colors, and by 1960 had a stage put up at the southern end.
Boca Juniors Stadium
In the Buenos Aires City tour we pass by the stadium Alberto J. Armando is an association football stadium located in La Boca district of Buenos Aires. Widely known as La Bombonera The chocolate box due to its shape, with a “flat” stand on one side of the pitch and three steep stands round the rest of the stadium. It has a capacity of 49,000. The stadium is owned by Boca Juniors, one of Argentina’s top football clubs.
Mothers of Plaza de Mayo Memorial
Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo (Spanish: Asociación Madres de Plaza de Mayo) is a movement of Argentine mothers who campaigned for their children who had been “disappeared” during the military dictatorship, pursuing the government for answers between 1977 and 2006.
They began to gather for this every Thursday, from 1977 at the Plaza de Mayo in Buenos Aires, in front of the Casa Rosada presidential palace, in public defiance of the government’s law against mass assembly.
Plaza de Mayo and Pink House
The Plaza de Mayo (English: May Square) is a city square and main foundational site of Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was formed in 1884 after the demolition of the Recova building, unifying the city’s Plaza Mayor and Plaza de Armas, by that time known as Plaza de la Victoria and Plaza 25 de Mayo respectively. The city centre of Buenos Aires, Plaza de Mayo has been the scene of the most momentous events in Argentine history, as well as the largest popular demonstrations in the country. On the occasion of the one-year anniversary of the May Revolution in 1811, the Pirámide de Mayo (English: May Pyramid) was inaugurated in the square’s hub, becoming Buenos Aires’ first national monument.
San Telmo and Plaza Dorrego
San Telmo (“Saint Pedro González Telmo”) is the oldest barrio (neighborhood) of Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is a well-preserved area of the Argentine metropolis and is characterized by its colonial buildings. Cafes, tango parlors and antique shops line the cobblestone streets, which are often filled with artists and dancers. A street named the “Illuminated Block” is where many of these important historical buildings can be found.
Metropolitan Cathedral of Buenos Aires
The Cathedral’s history is a long and turbulent one. Since the first chapel on the same site was constructed in 1593 under the orders of the city’s founder Juan de Garay, the building has been redesigned and rebuilt seven times. The last construction, the one that we see today, was started in 1752 but not completed until the mid-nineteenth century.
Start out from the nave to the right. As you pass the third chapel you’ll find the mausoleum of San Martín and the Unknown Soldier. This marble pantheon is the work of French sculptor Louis-Robert Carrier-Belleuse. Around the sarcophagus, three female figures representing Argentina, Chile and Peru, recall the countries liberated by General San Martín.
Obelisco of Buenos Aires
The Obelisco de Buenos Aires (Obelisk of Buenos Aires) is a national historic monument and icon of Buenos Aires. Located in the Plaza de la República in the intersection of avenues Corrientes and 9 de Julio, it was erected in 1936 to commemorate the quadricentennial of the first foundation of the city.
Construction began on March 20, 1936, and it was finished on May 23 of the same year. It was designed by architect Alberto Prebisch (one of the main architects of the Argentine modernism who also designed the Teatro Gran Rex, in Corrientes and Suipacha) at the request of the mayor Mariano de Vedia y Mitre (appointed by president Agustín Pedro Justo).